Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Responsibility Travels

While traveling over a 2-day period, I witnessed several individuals demonstrating responsibility under various circumstances. I continue to be encouraged when I see others being responsible in their circles of influence.

  • A Starbucks barista willingly promoed my two hot beverages since their in-store WiFi was not working and prevented me from accessing my Starbucks card on my phone. The barista indicated that their malfunctioning WiFi should not cause me to use cash since I had a prepaid Starbucks card. She couldn't have been any nicer.
  • Eric was the gate representative for our JetBlue flight. The flight was changed to leave from a different gate, delayed since the pilot scheduled for our flight had not yet arrived from his prior destination and the new pilot and co-pilot had not yet arrived to the airport. Eric did everything in his power to clearly communicate to everyone waiting for this flight. He was factual, clear and incorporated a healthy sense of humor. Eric was instrumental is creating a calm atmosphere while this sold out flight was waiting to depart for Tampa prior to pending blizzard conditions in Boston and at Logan International Airport. Eric maintained a level-head, a smile throughout our 3-hour delay and offered assistance to anyone needing it. I commend JetBlue Airways for hiring, training and keeping such a fine representative. 
  • While waiting to board our JetBlue flight, I has the pleasure of speaking with Jake. He was an engineering sales rep headed to Tampa with his wife and twin teenage sons. During our 30-minute conversation, he conveyed a great deal of responsibility about coaching his son's team, his alignment with his company's mission and his commitment to his wife and sons. His attitude, respect and communication was uplifting and encouraging. I immediately could see why his wife and sons followed his leadership.
  • When the co-pilot for our JetBlue Tampa-bound flight arrived to the gate, everyone applauded his arrival. He was gracious, responded with an award-winning smile and briefly spoke with us with a sense of humor. He assured us he and his pilot would do everything possible to ensure our safe and comfortable flight to Tampa as soon as our pilot arrived. His brief interaction with us added to the calm situation that Eric has previously established. 
  • Upon arriving to Tampa International Airport, my driver was immediately helpful, respectful and polite. He, too, incorporated a sense of humor into our conversation. We conversed during our 40-minute ride to my home in Florida about times in our lives where we were grateful for the responsibility demonstrated by others. He even shared with me details of the time he flew on an SST Concorde and the unbelievable thrill that it was!
In closing, I continue to be encouraged by individuals choosing to accept responsibility for their attitude, actions and dealings with others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment