Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Offer Immediate Feedback and Correction Opportunities

I realized several times this week the benefit to student learning by offering students the chance to correct their work immediately after it was passed in. As soon as students turned in their standards-based weekly check-in and I glanced over their math processing, I noticed some changes that students could probably make if they were given the opportunity. I simply circled the numbers of the ones that I wanted the students to check. In most cases, students were quickly able to identify their error and easily resolve it. To me, giving students that immediate feedback and the opportunity to "fix their work" is respectful, it creates more engagement and fosters a culture of genuine learning rather than one of gotchas!

No comments:

Post a Comment